Thursday, 10 October 2019
Posted by Bombay High Court Judges' Library at 14:38
Saturday, 5 October 2019
National e Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) signed an MoU with The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
Posted On: 30 SEP 2019 8:56PM by PIB Delhi
National eGovernance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) & The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal have signed an MoU at New Delhi today in the presence of Secretary, MeitY, VC-NLU Delhi and VC- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL, Patiala) to implement an ‘Online Capacity Building Programme on Cyber Law, Crime Investigation and Digital Forensics through NeGD Learning Management System (LMS)’.
With advent of digital age and increased use of mobiles and computers, there has been a significant increase in cybercrimes over the past few years which pose a major challenge for the Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA). The goal of this programme is to enable Police Officers, State Cyber Cells, Law Enforcement Agencies, Prosecutors and Judicial Officers to acquire the requisite skills to deal with Cyber Forensics cases efficiently & effectively as per the Indian Cyber Law while adopting global best practices, standards and guidelines. NeGD, under the Digital India Programme in collaboration with NLIU Bhopal has taken this initiative to offer 9 months Online PG Diploma Course in Cyber Law, Crime Investigation & Digital Forensics to 1000 officials through its Learning Management System (LMS).
(Release ID: 1586784)
Source: Press Information Bureau (PIB)
Posted by Bombay High Court Judges' Library at 17:21
Saturday, 7 September 2019
Posted On: 04 SEP 2019 2:01PM by PIB Delhi
The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2019 was notified on 9th August, 2019. Sub-Section 2 of Section 1 of the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2019 provides as under:-
“(2) Save as otherwise provided in this Act, it shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any such provision to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the coming into force of that provision.”
2. The Central Government by exercising powers conferred under sub-section 1 of the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2019, appoints the 30th August, 2019, for enforcement of the following Sections of the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2019:-
(i) Section 1;
(ii) Section 4 to 9 [both inclusive];
(iii) Section 11 to Section 13 [both inclusive];
(iv) Section 15.
3. Necessary Gazette Notification in this regard has been issued by the Central Government. In pursuance of the above notification, the section 17, 23,29A, 34, 37, 45 and 50 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (the Act) stand amended. Also three new sections namely 42A, 42B, and 87 stand inserted in the Act. The insertion of section 87 is with retrospective effect i.e. 23rd October, 2015, with a view to clarify the applicability of the said cut-off date on arbitration and related court proceedings.
(Release ID: 1584067)
Source: Press Information Bureau (PIB)
Posted by Bombay High Court Judges' Library at 16:19
Tuesday, 20 August 2019
Supreme Court of India:
· Asst. Provident Fund Commissioner EPFO, Bareilly vs. M/s U.P. State Warehousing Corp. & Anr. [14.08.2019]
Bombay High Court:
· Ramdas Rupla Wagh (died) through L.R.s. Smt. Vithabai Ramdas Wagh vs. Mohd. Ayyub Mohd. Bashir & Ors. [13.08.2019]
· Godrej Properties Ltd. vs. State of Maharashtra, through the office of the Chief Controlling Revenue Authority & Inspector General of Registration and Controller of Stamps & Ors. [08.08.2019]
Posted by Bombay High Court Judges' Library at 17:25
· Foreign Exchange Management (Deposit) (Amendment) Regulations, 2019 – Acceptance of Deposits by issue of Commercial Papers
· Inclusion of “North East Small Finance Bank Limited” in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
· Tariff Notification in respect of Fixation of Tariff Value of Edible Oils, Brass Scrap, Poppy Seeds, Areca Nut, Gold and Silver- Reg.
England and Wales High Court (Chancery Division) Decisions:
· Discovery Land Company, LLC & Ors v Jirehouse (A Body Corporate) & Ors  EWHC 2249 (Ch) (16 August 2019)
· York House (Chelsea) Ltd v Edward Allen Victor Thompson & Anor  EWHC 2203 (Ch) (15 August 2019)
· Scarle James Deceased, the Estate of v Scarle Marjorie Deceased, the Estate of  EWHC 2224 (Ch) (13 August 2019)
England and Wales High Court (Family Division) Decisions:
England and Wales High Court (Queen’s Bench Division) Decisions:
· DBI Innovations (UK) Ltd v The May Fair Avenue General Trading LLC & Ors  EWHC 2235 (QB) (16 August 2019)
· Captain Arshad Rashid v Oil Companies International Marine Forum  EWHC 2239 (QB) (16 August 2019)